Production Team Member Position
We are now accepting applications and cover letters for this position.
Posted: September 24, 2018. Applicants will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated person who wants to become part of the Soapy Soap Team. If you are looking for a fun, growing, and intensely busy company to grow with- then this may be the position for you! If you are crafty, hands-on, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, and love to create great high-quality items, we would love to talk with you.
We’re building a team of independent, self-managing equals, all striving to do and be our best, through practices and products, for the betterment of people and the planet.
We are constantly innovating to change and improve the way business is done: all Soapy Soap Company employees receive the exact same salary, including the founders and administrative staff as well as production and fulfillment staff, because we think every task and responsibility is important to our business. When one person gets a raise due to increased revenue, everyone gets a raise. Also, all employees participate in our stock ownership plan, where you earn ownership shares in the business based on how long you stay with us.
Since we're always growing, everything is changing. This position is part of our vision of what our production position could be, however as we learn your strengths and weaknesses and as we have new needs this position may very well evolve over time- so adaptability and the ability to understand how everything works (rather than just follow rote tasks) are key attributes for our team members. Attention to detail is absolutely key, as even small mistakes can greatly affect the quality of our products. It is also important to be able to think on your feet, and make decisions based upon the good of the company.
Some managerial experiences preferred.
Possible tasks may include:
- Making soap
- Making lip balms
- Making/bottling sprays and essential oils
- Handcutting soap
- Wrapping and boxing up soap, lip balms, and other products
- Packing and shipping online and wholesale orders
- Cleaning as needed: sweeping, mopping, washing production dishes, tidying
- Bookkeeping data entry;
- Inventory: Raw materials and finished products
- Materials receiving and intake;
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Hours: At least 30, up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: $11/hour (this is the current rate paid to all employees at Soapy Soap Company, as of 9/24/2018)
To apply: Please email our production manager at email@example.com with the subject line, Production Team Member Position, and the following information as two separate attachments.
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including your short and thoughtful answers to at least 2 of the following questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself
- What is the best thing about you?
- How would your previous co-workers describe you and your work?
- What about this job is attractive to you?