Production Staff Position
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated person who wants to become part of the Soapy Soap Team. If you are looking for a fun, growing, and intensely busy company to grow with- then this may be the position for you! If you are crafty, hands-on, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, and love to create great high-quality items, we would love to talk with you.
Since we're always growing, everything is changing. This position is part of our vision of what our production position could be, however as we learn your strengths and weaknesses and as we have new needs this position may very well evolve over time- so adaptability and the ability to understand how everything works rather than just follow rote tasks are key attributes for our production team members. It is important to be able to think on your feet, and make decisions based upon the good of the company.
Possible tasks may include:
- Making soap
- Making lip balms
- Making/bottling sprays and essential oils
- Handcutting soap
- Wrapping and boxing up soap, lip balms, and other products
- Packing and shipping online and wholesale orders
- Cleaning as needed: sweeping, mopping, washing production dishes, tidying
- Bookkeeping data entry;
- Inventory: Raw materials and finished products
- Materials receiving and intake;
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Hours: Part time with potential to reach full time; at least 30-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Weekend availability is a plus, but not required.
Compensation: Starting at $8/hour; may vary based on experience
To apply: Please email our production manager at email@example.com with the subject line, Production Staff Position, and the following information as two separate attachments.
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including your short and thoughtful answers to at least 2 of the following questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself
- What is the best thing about you?
- How would your previous co-workers describe you and your work?
- What about this job is attractive to you?